Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A digi Mojo

Hi there. Wow...I can't believe Sunday is Mother's Day already! We are doing our annual "Mother's Day Tea Party" for the grandmothers and aunts this year. My girls have done this for the past 3 years now. They love it...they get to make all sorts of cute little foods, and serve their favorite ladies in their life...with a little help from mom of course. This year we will even be serving chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! The girls have come up with a wonderful gift for their grandmas, but I can't share those with you YET...because my mom reads my blog. =) I can give you a little "neat peek" of the Aunt's gifts though. So check those out at the bottom of this post.
First I want to share with you the card I made for this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch. When I started putting this together, I was attempted to make it a combo sketch (for 2 different challenges), well that didn't happen. So...here is my MOJO Sketch.Sorry it is a little dark...it is raining here today, so the lighting is terrible. I used a digi image from Whimsie Doodles called Flowers for Leah. I colored the image with colored pencils, and trimmed it. I started with a white CS base, layered some polka dot yellow CS onto that. I used some printed velum next, and layered the image onto that. For the squares, I used some PP from SU as well as some white CS I put through the cuttlebug. I cut the little oval and hand wrote the sentiment, and rubbed it onto an ink pad for some color. Last I added 3 little flower brads to go with the other 3 main colors on the card already. Well that is it for the MOJO this week.
Now as promised...here is a little preview of the gifts for my SIL's for mother's day.

I found this chalkboard paint at my LCS, and added it to these little wooden heart plaques. We will be adding some sentiment to the top banner part, just haven't gotten that far yet...lol.

No comments: