Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Creative Belli - Winter/Christmas

Hi there. Soooo sorry for my lack of posts, and my late post today. I have had a lot going on, as most of us do this time of year. Plus to add to it, I have been subbing at my DDs' school this week. Sooo...nothing is getting done...lol. And like most of us, I have a lot going on in my personal life right now. Well, today is Wednesday, so we have a new challenge for you at the Creative Belli Challenge. Our challenge this time around is winter or Christmas. Here is what I came up with. I started by stamping this beautiful Pointsetta Flower stamp from Biblical Impressions. This stamp is actually the featured stamp this month for Biblical Impressions Stamps. Check out the details HERE on what you can do with this stamp. For mine, I stamped it and colored with watercolor crayons. I did some paper piecing on the leaves. I layered onto some PP from my stash (my "old" embellishment for the Belli Challenge), and layered that onto the red background PP. I used a rub-on for my sentiment, and added some little red gems to the corners. Last, I added some stickles to the center.

Head on over to the Creative Belli Challenge and see what the rest of the DT ladies have created. Then play along and link up your project for us to see!

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love Poinsettia images- love your water coloring and the shimmery center of your flower.

Vicki Fraser said...

What a wonderful way to hi-light the paper underneath and incorporate it into the design. I love this!