Sunday, July 5, 2009

Baby Shower invites

I am co-hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law at the end of August. I really want to make the shower as special as possible, so I am hand making as much as possible. My mom and I are will be making the prizes for the games. I made the invites...with some help from a friend to glue it all together tonight, I finally have them done. ( Although I have to stamp the info and write out the insides, but the outside is done). I have been crazy busy with VBS last week for my oldest daughter, and then the holiday weekend. We also went and spend Friday night at our property. I actually took the invites with me one day while I was waiting for my daughter to finish at VBS so I could cut them out. So...here they are....
I originally saw this idea on splitcoast HERE. I really loved it. I contacted the original poster, and she used a cricut and some computer program to create them that I don't have. So I had to make do on my own. I made a pattern and went from there. It was a lot of cutting, but it is worth it. I started by tracing and cutting the shape. I next ran the bottom part of the card through the cuttlebug with the swissdot embossing folder. Next I traced and cut the top part of the bottle on a peachy colored CS. The footprint ribbon I found @ Jo-An's. (I bought it in blue, mint green, and yellow...lol). I cut pieces and we attached those on with tape runner. Last we added the little foot brads....which I found at Micheal's. They came in a 24 pack with little hands and feet. So that is 1 project for this shower down...MANY more to go. I am making my sis-in-law a set of thank you notes as part of my gift for her. I would really like to make between 50 and 75 of them for her, but will see what I end up with. I will begin work on those this week, as well as the game prizes we will be making. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Jessica

No comments: