Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bridal Shower Card -BSS2

I made this card for a bridal shower I am going to this Saturday. My 3 girls are all in the wedding, so I already know the wedding colors are ivory and red. This is the first time I have even made a "full-size" card as well. I used a full sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 craft CS. I used a sketch from my LSS's blog. They just started doing challenges, this is the 2nd one. I am always up for a sketch challenge. HERE is the sketch, and Here is my card... The bride stamp is from Hanna Stamps. I "borrowed" it from a friend. She also gave me the gorgeous ivory colored CS she is stamped on. It is hard to see in the picture, but the paper is actually iridescent. I added some stickles to the dress and veil (color is called candy cane). I used colored pencils to color her hair and flowers. I added a touch of crystal stickles to the earrings, but again it is hard to see in the photo. I cut the bride out in an oval shape, and layered it onto a red CS oval. The ribbon I had saved from the roses my hubby gave me for our anniversary last month. I knew I would find a use for it...lol. The sentiment I stamped from a set my friend had as well. It also is stamped on the iridescent paper and punched with a scalloped oval punch. I layered it onto red CS that I ran threw the crimper. Then layered again on more of the ivory iridescent CS. The flower in the top corner I used a 3 different flower punches to make. Then layered them, added some stickles, and a jeweled brad. That is pretty much it for today.

Now I need to start packing for CHA! I am so excited. Have a great weekend!

Jessica

1 comment:

Sue said...

Jessica, what a beautiful card you created!
Wow, all three girls in the wedding...you will have to post pictures. I'm sure the bride-to-be is going to be very happy when she opens this wonderful creation. Have fun at CHA, I'm jealous.