Saturday, August 15, 2009

Baby Card

I spent most of my night last night finishing the favors for my SIL's shower next weekend. My mom and I made nugget boxes. I of course forgot to take a picture before I sent them home with my mom. We used some cute different "boy" printed papers and used light blue CS to wrap each nugget. Then we added a little safety pin stamp to each one. They are the 4 count nugget boxes. They turned out really cute! While my mom was busy wrapping nuggets, I started a card for our gift. Here is what I came up with.

The image I used is from High Hopes, it is called Open Ark. I colored it with watercolor crayons first. Then I added some brown fun flock to the lion's mane, liquid pearl (pewter) for nails on the ark, baby blue stickles on the water, and peeled paint distressed stickles on the olive branch. I cut the image out and layered onto a trimmed piece of white CS with dimensionals. I used a piece of animal printed paper from the DCWV Nana's Nursery baby boy PP. I layered that onto Bashful Blue CS, and layered it all onto the white CS base. The "Baby" down the side, I used TAC Kinder-Bet (which is discontinued, but there are a few very similar alphabets in the new catty). I added the little hand brads that I picked up at Micheal's. They hands look funny if you don't use them in pairs, so that is why I put 2 on there. =)

Well that is it for today. We are off to our property for the night tonight. I am excited because my mom is coming for the first time today! She is even spending the night! We are supposed to go berry picking down there too. Looking forward to a fun weekend, and hoping to see some shooting stars!

Jessica

No comments: