Monday, April 5, 2010

Birthday Mojo

Hello all. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Thankfully I was able to leave the house, and function! I really think my family has learned a little more about what I really do all day...lol. Now I have spent most of today catching up on laundry, dishes, and other basic cleaning...and I am still not done. Well I did take the time to sneak into my stamp room between laundry loads. One of my dearest friends will be turning 40 this month...or should I say she will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of her 30th. I wanted to make a really pretty card for her, and I really liked this weeks MOJO Monday Sketch...so here is what I came up with.
The image is from SU's A Kind Word set. I stamped her off, and then found all the paper. The last thing I did was color her. I wanted to make her go with this paper. The PP is from My Mind's Eye. I received it in a mystery box I had purchased last month...which I just purchased another one the other day since they were offering it again. It was such a great set of goodies in the box last time, I hope this one is just as a good. Anyway...I did all the PP layering, and added the ribbon...which the velvety ribbon was also in that box of goodies. The rhinestones were actually clear, but I used a purple Copic marker to color them violet. I used colored pencils to color the image to coordinate with the paper, and ink distressed the edges and around the image. The inside is blank so I can fill it up with all sorts of mushy words to my dear friend...lol. Well that is it for now.

Don't forgot to stop by...only a couple more days until our first QKR Stampede DT Blog Hop! It is going to be great...there is a rumor that there might even be a prize!

3 comments:

racinggrandma61 said...

Love it. Great colors

Vicki Bray said...

Lovely card! Love your image! Seems as though that mystery box was a score!

Janette said...

very pretty, she is sure to love it! I love the idea of the 10th anniversary of the 30th. I will be 40 this year too so I think I will go with it lol. So, glad you liked my sketch as well and were able to play along :)