Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Homemade Shiney Flower Sketch

Things have been a little crazy lately, and I haven't been doing too many challenges. Well...today I was able to get a couple done...with one card! This weeks Cupcake Craft Challenge is homemade flowers, so I decided to make a folded flower. This weeks Creative Belli Challenge is Color Spray...which is hard to see in the picture...but I mixed mint green liquid pearl and water in a spray bottle, and added that. I took a couple close-ups that you can see it a little better. The lighting today is horrible since it is a rainy day here. And finally I put it all together using this weeks Sweet Stop Sketch. So without further ado...here is my tri-challenge card.I went with the teal color again...lol. I think I am being "taken with teal". I used some old SU DSP that I had for the folder flower. I put a beaded center on (which came with some other flowers I purchased). I also added a clear micro bead flower with a teal dew drop center. I used a teal base, certainly celery PP, another teal layer (which I stamped the word "bloom" from a SU set on), the some certainly celery ribbon, and the flowers. I sprayed each layer with the liquid pearl water mixture, and sprayed the folded flower. Here are a couple close-ups so you can see the flower and the sparkle/color spray.
Well that is it for now. I will be back tomorrow with my first ever easel card.

5 comments:

joy said...

Pretty card!! I love your folded flower. Thank you for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Kristie Maynard said...

Very nice Jess. I love those little folded flowers. Great job.

Maria Matter said...

oh what a cool flower Jessica! You did a great job with the color spray, beautiful card hun!
Blessings, Maria

Andrea said...

Beautiful flower! I love that folded flower! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stop!

Donna said...

Stunning card and beautiful handmade flowers...thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x