Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happiness Comes

Happy Easter! I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday. We are spending the day with extended family. Brunch with my hubby's family, and dinner with my mom and my brother's family. Should be a fun busy day. Of course we don't want to forget the real reason for this holiday...celebrating the Resurrection of our Savior! It was really cute on Saturday we were sitting around and my 5 year old said..."I can't wait until tomorrow when Jesus gets to come down from the cross, and be alive again."
Well I wanted to share a card I made using my QKR Stampede stamps.

I thought this heart was just so cute. The image is called Happiness Comes, and is just one of the many awesome images over at QKR Stampede. It reminded me of a quilt. I found this PP in my stash from who knows how long ago...lol. I colored the image to coordinate with the PP. And for the first time ever...I decided to machine sew on a card. I had my hubby take the sewing machine down to the stamproom the other day so I could play with it. I thought what a perfect card to try this on. I sewed around the green CS, around the heart (which is hard to see), and I sewed the lace to the card too. It is a very simple card, but being my first time using the machine on it, I needed it to be simple.

Don't forget to stop back on Friday April 9th for our first QKR Stampede DT blog hop!

2 comments:

Carol said...

This is a great card! I love all the sewn elements, and especially the touch of lace that mimics the lace around the heart stamp image.

Kristie Maynard said...

Very sweet card. I have never done any sewing on my papercrafts, but is sure does look great on yours!