Friday, September 25, 2009

Cowboy Birthday! SSS22

Howdy y'all! Today I have a sketch with a spin card for you. I made this for the Sweet Stop Challenge. I used the sketch from this challenge for the card, and the spin...which was to use the colors red, tan, and black. Here is what I came up with.
I went with the cowboy theme for 2 reasons. First, I needed a "boy" themed card for a birthday party next weekend, and second because I just got this TAC set and really really wanted to use it. The stamp set is called wild west (t-2633), and is available from the Angel Company current catalog. I just thought this little guy was adorable. I stamped him on tanish kraft CS, and colored him using watercolor crayons. I did add a little twinkling H2O yellow to the star...since every cowboy needs a gold star. I layered the image onto red CS. Then I made the background paper using some of the other stamps from the set. The black background paper is the co-ordinations blackmagic CS. I ran it through the cuttlebug, and sanded it for the red to show through. Here is a close up of that.
I layered everything onto the tanish kraft CS, added some little red brads and red ribbon.
For the inside I attached a red paper pocket to use as a gift card holder. The sentiment was a sticker I received as a free sample in the mail from one of the papercrafting magazines. Here is a picture of the inside.

Well that is all for today. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Jessica

No comments: