Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A swirly sketch challenge...and a scrapbook (SSS21, CCC57)

Hello and Happy Tuesday. We are back into the swing of things at our house. School is in session, and all our activities have started. Schedules make life so much easier!
I have two things for you tonight. First is a card I created for 2 different challenges. I used the sketch from The Sweet Stop Blog and added the challenge from the Cupcake Craft blog. The Cupcake challenge this week was swirls and pearls. Well, I did the swirls, but kinda skipped the pearls...but love the way the swirls turned out. Check it out....
I used the cuttlebug embossing folder to create the background. I used the black magic Coordinations CS. This paper is really cool...it is black, but when you emboss, sand, etc, it brings out the color underneath. I embossed and then sanded the CS to show the colors threw. The first section is yellow, then orange, and then another small strip of yellow. I added some yellow ribbon. The used the SU set for the images. I used markers to color the stamp, and then stamped the image onto cream CS. I used the scalloped square punch to punch them out. The sentiment is from a SU rub-on set.
Next I have been doing something that is not my usual craft room activity....Scrapbooking! I am more of a stamper then a scrapper, but wanted to create something with all the photos I took of my girls in the wedding on Labor Day weekend. So...instead of buying an album, I decided to use my new binding system and make one. I don't have any super fancy layouts or anything, but I am trying...ha ha. Here are a few photos of what I have done so far in the album.
Thanks for stopping by.
Jessica

6 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jessica, what a cute card. I love the sweet reindeer image and the papers you've used are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Kristie Maynard said...

Great job Jessica! I need to try that Coodinations CS. I have heard a lot about it. Love that you are doing this scrapbook of the girls, you'll have to join us at My Happy Place and work on it, for that matter you can come and make cards and/or stamp. We'd love to have you join us.
By the way, got the stamp set. I know I'm going to love it already. Thanks!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the embossed detail!

Donna said...

This is beautiful, you've done a smashing job with this weeks pearls and swirls theme, love your colour combination! Thanks for joining in the fun at CCC this week :) Donna x

Pop's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous, i love the colours that you have chosen, a beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Cupcake, hugs Pops x

Liza said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x