Monday, November 23, 2009

Teacher Gifts...and a challenge CD43

Hello all. I have been working on teacher gifts lately. It is a slooooooow process for me...due to crazy busy schedules lately. I have been doing things in parts. Well today I was able to finish the first of the 6 sets that I have to make for gifts. Oh...I am making tile coaster sets by the way. I purchased the tiles at Lowes. Each set of coasters I am making is different too. Today I have the first set to show you, which I also decided to use one of them as part of The Color Dare challenge this week. This weeks colors are Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, & Green Galore.


This is all of the coasters. I used the gerbera daisy stamp from TAC. I stamped the image with staz-on ink onto the tiles. I used my aqua painter, and ink pads to "paint" the color onto the images. I then sprayed them with polyurethane spray. I used some felt padding I also purchased at Lowes on the backs. I found the padding in the "Castor" aisle. Here is the one I used for the Color Dare.

I colored the stem with the green, the center brown (choc. chip), and rose red for the petals.

That is all for today. I am working on the second set. I will post the other sets as I finish them. Thanks for stopping by.

Jessica

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Gosh girl - you are making SIX sets of these? You are amazing! The teachers will love them - such a change from the routine gifts!!! Great job!

Kristie Maynard said...

They are really beautiful! The teachers will love them!

Lori said...

What an awesome idea for teacher gifts! They're going to LOVE them. So glad you chose the Color Dare colors for your first set! Thanks for playing along...hope to see you next week!
Lori