Thursday, November 18, 2010

QKR Stampede - Christmas Cards

Hi there. Wow I didn't' realize it had been so long since I shared something with you. I have been doing a lot of crafting, but mostly have been scrapbooking. I FINALLY finished January - June of 2010...WOOHOO!!! Now I have to get the rest done...lol. I just did a big photo order too. Just a little side note, if you use Snapfish.com, they have a promotion going on right now if you spend $10 you get up to 365 prints for FREE!!! So...I ordered my mommy's Christmas gift, and then all my photos from Sept - current. I am looking forward to get moving on them, and whatever doesn't get done, will get done at a crop I am going to on the 11th of December. Anyway, I wanted to share my Christmas cards with you today. Awhile back I showed you the folded flowers I made for these. Well I finally have them all together. Sorry the photos are NOT the greatest today. The weather is yucky here, so I can't get the right lighting. It is way to windy and rainy outside to try to take them out there. Well, I made 30 of these total. As you can see, there are 3 different colors for these cards. Here are close ups of each one.

REDGREENAND BLUE (TEAL)
I ran each CS base through the Cuttlebug, then attached the folded flowers. I then used the Merry Christmas stamp from QKR Stampede, and added the sentiments to each one. For the blue card I decided to try out a new product that you can purchase HERE from QKR Stampede. It is called Sticky Powder. You use it like an embossing powder, so stamped with Versamark (or other glue pad) and cover with the sticky powder. When you heat it, it becomes sticky. Now I am still trying to "master" the art of the sticky powder...lol. I was pretty happy with the way these turned out thought. I stamped the image with Versamark, and then added the Sticky Powder. I heated it up until it was "shiny" then added some silver glitter to it. I am hoping to play some more with this product soon. I have a couple more "ideas" in my crazy head...lol.

Ok...one last thing today...a SNEAK PEEK!!! Yes tomorrow is the QKR Stampede DT Blog hop! We have a fun hop in store for you. We will be featuring Christmas images on our "12 Blogs of Christmas" blog hop! So be sure to hop on over and see what we have in store for you. Here is a little peek at one of the projects I will be sharing tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

The cards turned out great! I remember when you were folding all those little pieces and thinking they would never get done. Great job!