Sunday, November 7, 2010

My MIL's Birthday Gift

Hi there. Happy Sunday! Well, I can finally share this with you, since it is officially my MIL's birthday, and I will be giving her the gift today. I didn't want her to see it early =). A while back (over a year ago...lol), I saw the tutorial for this on a blog. I can't get the link to work anymore, but I wanted to say this is NOT my original idea. I just thought it was really cool, and wanted to try it. So, over a year ago, I cut all the chipboard pieces and then...they sat in my craftroom...lol. Well, my MIL's birthday was approaching, and I thought this would be a good time to finally finish this project. Here is my finished...Perpetual Cookie Sheet Calendar.I was attempting to set this for November, but well I accidentally added the 31...lol. You get the idea though...lol. The large piece in the upper left is a spot to attach a photo. I left it blank, so my MIL could add a photo of her choice. All the papers I used to cover the chipboard are from TAC, and were in my stash. I liked the bright colors for this. I stamped the sentiment on the top right piece, and added a layered flower. I hand wrote all the numbers and month names. Here are the extra months and numbers.

Isn't that neat?!! It just attaches to the back of the cookie sheet! I added pieces of magnets to each chipboard piece so it would attach to the cookie sheet. As you can see, I made special pieces for holidays and birthdays. Well, I hope she likes it!

I have spent most of my weekend either sorting Girl Scout cookies, or sewing fabric banners. I volunteered to help make a Thanksgiving craft with my DD's class. I will share that with you later this week. I am really pleased with how they are turning out.

No comments: