Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Creative Belli 110 - Jewelry

Hi there. Brrrrr...I think that is the general conscious around here. As I am typing this post, we are still waiting to hear if the kids have a snow day tomorrow. I am sooo hoping for one! We will see though. Well, we have a new challenge for you over at the Creative Belli Challenge today. So...you can stay warm and stamp today! What more could you ask for!!! Today our challenge is Jewelry. That is right...use some old jewelry on your project. Here is what I dug out for this one...I bought these earrings 10 years ago when I went to Vegas with my parents. I did wear them, but they have been sitting in my jewelry box for a while now, and starting to get yucky. I actually noticed some sort of "rust" on one. So...no more ears for these guys. Plus, they are silver, and I am not a silver person. So I grabbed my hubby's wire cutters (which by the way I "stole" a while ago for my crafting use...shhh don't tell him), and cut off the hooks. Here is how I ended up using them... I used an old SU butterfly and colored it to look like the earrings. I stamped it twice, and layered so I could curl up the wings. I layered that onto some purple CS. The sentiment is from a Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set. I layered these onto a piece of black magic Coredinations paper. I wadded it up, and then flattened and sanded it. I added the earrings around the sentiment, and last added some little rhinestones.
Now it is your turn. Grab some old jewelry that you never use. Just costume jewelry...don't think you want to use your real gold...lol...or maybe you do! Use it somewhere on your project, then link it up at the bottom of the Creative Belli Post 110. Be sure to check out the fabulous inspiration from the other Belli Girls too! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

11 comments:

Chrissy D said...

THESE are GORGEOUS! WOW, Jess!

Karen W said...

Really cool idea using your earings. I love it!

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Jessica, what a gorgeous card, Love how you have taken something old and created something new and wonderful.
Hope you have a great day..
Big Hugs
Tamara

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I'm so glad you found a use for these earrings....they look fab! on your card, Jess!

Robin Parker said...

What a clever way to incorporate the challenge innto your creation. Love the earring idea.

Beth Norman said...

Very unique to used unwanted jewelry. I just threw out all my old jewelry and it's too bad I did. Awesome work.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- the butterfly earrings and your butterfly are wonderful- love the colors! Very nice background you created.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful!! I just love the butterflies!! Love how you incorporated the jewelry into this challenge. Great colors!

joy said...

What a beautiful card and idea! The silver butterflies give your card an extra special dimension!

Mary Marsh said...

I love how you interpreted this challenge jess-great way to use some old earrings-creative

Joan Ervin said...

How clever to use the earrings on your card...the butterflies look beautiful!!!