Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Showers...

Wow Thursday already????!!! The weekend is getting closer and closer. The good news is my weekend isn't crazy like last weekend. Maybe I can take advantage of the down time to get some serious crafting done...lol. I have 5 scrapbook pages with photos already on them, however I have not added any titles or journaling, so I guess I better get busy. The best part about these pages is they are the last 5 pages of my 2010 album!!! WOOHOOO!!! Then I can start one of the other 3 albums I need to get going on...lol. Anyway, today I wanted to share a cute card I made using a funny sentiment stamp from QKR Stampede. Isn't that saying just sooo true? We all look forward to spring and the nice weather, however the mud and other spring thaw/rain "hazards" are not so great. =) Still though spring is my favorite season. So...I started by stamping the image (April Showers) onto some cream colored CS. Then I began layering onto the various pieces of PP from Nikki Sivils' "It's Raining It's Pouring" paper line. I thought it went perfect with the saying. The little boots are a sticker from that paper line. Last I added the flowers and used pearls for the centers. I really liked the way this card turned out...and it was great to hear my husband laugh at the sentiment from QKR Stampede too. Speaking of laughing...be sure to check out some of the other great images from QKR Stampede. There are so many "Cute and Quirky" images available in the online store to make you laugh too! This card is for the following challenge: Simon Says Challenge - sketch

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love this themed card it's makes the possibilities of rain delightful. Good luck on all of those scrapbook pages. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like those rain boots!! Very cute! True sentiment too!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah