Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Crazy 4 Cocoa...Windchime!

Hi there! How are you doing today? Wow...we had a busy weekend here! My youngest turned 4 yesterday, so we celebrated all weekend long. We started with a "friend" party at a local party place called Pretty in Pink. It was soooo cute. The girls did a mini spa party...complete with facials, manis, and pedis. Then on Sunday we had a family gathering, and of course Monday was her actual birthday. Well...now I am ready to relax, and get back to my crafting! To get back into things...today is a brand new Crazy 4 Cocoa challenge!!!! I just LOVE Cocoa mouse. Well...let me start by telling you our challenge this week is "Anything Goes" ~ so use your favorite Cocoa and show us your stuff. Do you remember this photo????? Well...today, I am going to show you what I did with these pots! I am going to attempt to give you a little photo tutorial of how I did it too. So...here is what you need...

The pots I painted ahead of time. If you are going to use these outside, you will want to use exterior paints. After painting the pots, I grabbed my supplies, and got inky! First I did NOT put my Cocoa Mouse images (both from the Feeling Fruity Cocoa Set) on a block. This way they are easier to "wrap around" the pot. Next I inked them up with some StazOn ink, and pressed them carefully onto the pot. Now...I will be honest...I messed the first one up...lol. BUT, a little repainting, and it was all fixed. So...I guess a tip will be...make sure you have the base paint handy. Next I let them dry totally. Here is what they looked like. Hidden under that red trimmed pot is one more little pot...which I used the "Sweet" sentiment from the So Sweet Cocoa set to stamp on that one.
Last, I used my watercolor crayons to color in each of the images. Here is how it turned out. I just love the way this turned out. Super cute, and really fun to make too. Now if you are going to hang them outside, you will need to seal them/waterproof them. You can just get a can of spray from you local hardware store to seal them up. These guys are going in my bay window for now, so I did not seal them...yet.

Well that is what I came up with for this week's Crazy 4 Cocoa challenge...now head on over to the Crazy 4 Cocoa blog and see what the other ladies have come up with. Then grab a Cocoa image either one you have, or check out the Sweet 'n Sassy store if you don't have one, and link up your creation for us to see!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute :)

Crop Addict said...

Thanks for participating in Crop Addict's Blog Hop earlier this month when you visited Sophia's blog. We have your $5 gift certificate but need your name so I can email it to you. If you didn't already create your shop login (required to receive the gift certificate) please do so now: https://www.cropaddict.com/shop/index.php?main_page=login.

Thanks :)

Karen said...

Hi - would love a picture of the Pretty in Pink Party for the blog. If you are comfortable with that, of course! :)

Kristie Maynard said...

Jessica, that turned out so cute! Great idea.

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWWWWW this is one awesome project totally brilliant both creative and inspirational I LOVE it.
Hugs
Lorraine x