Thursday, June 4, 2009

End of Year Teacher Gifts


It is that time of year again. The month of June brings an end to many of our activities in my house. Both of my older girls are in dance class, as well as my oldest being in school. Well, end of the "year" calls for gifts. I am not a "mug buyer"...and gift cards are nice, but can add up quickly. So...why not make some thing! I saw these on SCS, and they even included templates/instructions for many different sizes and shapes. Check it out HERE. I couldn't resist these gorgeous boxes. So here is what I came up with.

They really are very easy to create, and fun to create also. The boxes have a "base" that you can place 12 chocolate candy nuggets. Then you make a slip cover for the outside. The strip of paper around the candy is a 1 x 3 1/2 inch paper. (They didn't include that in the instructions above.) Here is a little closer view of each one and some detail about the papers used...

The base of this box is a solid purple cardstock. The nugget wraps are a slightly lighter shade. I used the alphabet stickers included in the TAC Tutti Frutti paper set. The outside wrap is also from the same paper collect. I then used a large circle punch to cut a tag, and layered it with a purple flower punched. The sentiment is from the TAC Trendy Greetings set. (It says Thanks for everything) I then added an eyelet to the top and threaded ribbon through it. I wrapped the ribbon around the whole top of the box and tied the bow. This one was created with a sheet of DSP from the same TAC Tutti Frutti collection. I used the Kinder-Bet TAC set for the letters. I stamped them on the blue cardstock and cut them out. The little tag on the outside of the box was created with the same sentiment and punches as the other box. I also added a bitty blossom and attached it with a brad to the box. The tag is attached with a piece of ribbon through an eyelet, and the ribbon is tied around the brad before I attached the brad.

Well, I still have to create 2 more of these before next week. I do think they turned our sooo cute, and soooo easy to make! Thanks for stopping by.

Jessica

No comments: