Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dual Challenges MOJO89 & Cupcake Craft 42

Hello and Happy Tuesday. It has been a crazy busy week here. With the last few weeks of school approaching, I have been focusing on that. My 4 year old had her Pre-K shadow day. She LOVED it! Hard to believe that in September I will only have one more baby left at home with me =(! Well I haven't had a lot of time to stamp, and I have been working on teacher gifts, father's day, and the album for the class I am teaching at "My Happy Place" scrapbook studio. I did want to try a couple challenges though. I do love the Mojo Monday Challenges! This week I am also doing the Cupcake Craft Challenge. The challenge this week was a card with a fairy. So...here you go...


Before I tell you what I used, I want to show you my color inspiration for this card. Yes...this is a pair of pants! My 2 year old got these pants from her Godparents for her birthday. I just LOVE the colors on them. So I thought I would use these colors to create this card.

So...the base of this card is basic brown cardstock. The gingham pink DSP is from TAC Uptown Girl WIC paper set. The image is a High Hopes Fairy Princess. I used watercolor crayons and twinkling H2Os to color the image. I added some glitter to the wings, skirt, and crown. And of course I made a red haired fairy...since I have 3 little redheads! I distressed the blue cardstock behind the fairy. Then added a double bitty blossom (1 brown 1 pink) to the circle, and attached them with a brad. The pink ribbon is a just that...pink ribbon...probably from the Target $1 spot. The sentiment is from a SU set that I believe was in the mini catalog.

Well that is it for now. I didn't use too many of my TAC products this time =(. I do love the TAC products. I am currently working on a mini album kit from TAC. The mini album kits are awesome! There are currently 5 in the catalog, although I am hoping they add some more to the next catalog next month. I am not a big scrapbooker, but these kits are fantastic. Very heavy cardstock, and simple pre-cut pieces that you just piece together. I will have pictures on here soon as I get it done. I am currently working on the Woodrowe album kit. It actually makes 2 albums for the price! Not bad at all. Check back next week...when I will hopefully have it finished. Thanks for stopping by today!

JESSICA

4 comments:

Ida / Little said...

Such a cute card, and inspiration from some pants I have never read about before, very creative! :) Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :)

Hugs Ida

Stephanie said...

Oh so cute, love that image, thanks for playing along at the CCC this week.

The Crafty Den said...

What a super cute card. Love the high hopes image and the colour scheme is fab. Thanks for joining us over at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous card and i did smile when i saw what your inspiration was, thanks for joining us at ccc hugs pops x