Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Father's Day! CBC67 CCC#44

Well it is time to celebrate our dads! I have 2 things to show you today. One is a card I created not only for father's day, but also for a challenge. The other is a really neat gift/card, also created for a challenge.

The first card was created for the Creative Belli Blog. The challenge was to take the sketch and create a father's day card out of it. Well here is what I came up with.


I have been dying to use this totally tool set from SU. I purchased it a long while ago, but haven't had a chance to use it. The little tools "hanging" from the side were actually cut out and colored a couple months ago...pathetic I know. I knew I wanted to use them, but just haven't come up with how yet. Well this was the perfect chance. I started with basic white cardstock. I created my own background paper using the same stamp set. I stamped in versamark, and embossed in silver. Next a used some ribbon from the Target $1 spot. I distressed the edges of the background paper, and layered it on cream cardstock. I stamped the measuring tape and colored with watercolor crayons. I then attached the saw, hammer, and wrench with an eyelet. Along the bottom I stamped a sentiment, and added some more eyelets.

My 2nd project today was for the Cupcake Craft Challenge. The idea was to make a father's day card...however it had to be MORE than a card. So I created a CD photo card.







I used some old CD/DVD discs to create this. I used the crop-a-dile to put holes in the "top" of the CDs. Next I used kraft cardstock for the front and back. I used DSP from the TAC Miss Moxie set. I used modgepodge to attache the papers to the CDs. Next I used the "Happy Father's Day" stamp from TAC Trendy Greetings. The oval piece is a die-cut from the Miss Moxie cardstock set as well. I put holes in for the brads and attached those just to the one side of the CD. I layered the CS on the other side after putting the brads in, so as not to see the other end. Next I had my husband choose 8 photos to use...since this is for his father. I cut each photo into a circle to go along with the CD shape. I attached each photo, added some description for each, and a binder ring to attach them all together. On the back I wrote what would be the inside of the "card". Here is some photos of each page seperate.

Well that is it for today. I have been struggling to get down to my stamp room since it is soooo "messy" right now. My hubby bought me a whole organizing system for down there, and he has only had time to get so many of the boxes put together. So I am working around the "construction" right now. It will be AWESOME when it is done though. I am so excited to have more organization to be able to find exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your week.

Jessica

7 comments:

Liza said...

Fabulous creations. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Ida / Little said...

A great card with such macho tools :) And the circled album is so lovely. :) Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :)

Hugs Ida

Pop's Cards said...

Hi Jessica, this is really a fab idea, something to treasure, thanks for joining us at cupcake hugs pops x

Holly said...

What a COOL idea to hang the tools from a "nail!" Love the card and the CD photo card.

The Crafty Den said...

Wow what a great idea and a lovely keepsake for grandpa. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anonymous said...

Fab creations, I like the embossing. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.

Anne Harada said...

Oh my gosh, you are so creative!! I love the way you have the tools hanging from a brad in the Belli Challenge card! What a great way to use the set. And I love the CD card!! Wonderful gift idea. Grandpa is gonna love it!! So glad you played in the Belli Challenge this week!!