Monday, October 19, 2009

A little Christmas Penguin....experiment

Hi everyone. Hopefully it is Monday morning when you are first getting a chance to read this. I am doing a little experiment today. I am hoping it works...I am trying to set the post up today (Sunday), and have it post on Monday morning.



Well I made a little Christmas card today. Here it is.


I used the penguin from the TAC set Perky Penguins. I stamped him on white CS, and colored in his beak and feet orange. I colored the tree an pine green color and added some green distressed stickles to it. I stamped the image again onto some PP also from TAC DSC set Winterberry. I used that to paper piece the hat and scarf onto him. I added some white liquid applique to the ball and brim of the hat as well. I ink distressed the edges (I have been doing that a lot lately...I guess I like the look of it right now...ha ha.). The sentiment is from the TAC set I Trendy Greetings...which is a great set. It has sooooo many different greetings in it, and many different fonts. I used a piece of the same paper collection I used for the scarf and hat for the background. I layered everything together, and added a little bow and brad in the bottom corner. Here is a close-up of the "fluffy" scarf and hat.Well that is it for now. I am hoping to be back this week with some more things to look at. Thanks for stopping by!


Jessica

No comments: