Friday, October 2, 2009

Owl Birthday Card

Hello all. I took a few minutes to sneak down to the stamp room today. My older girls had a 1/2 day of school today, so they all kept each other busy while I went down to "change laundry"...haha. Anyway I thought I would share one of the 2 cards I made today. I actually made this for a contest on Facebook. Here it is.

I used the owls from the TAC set be square. I colored them in using watercolor crayons, and added some stickles to the eyes after coloring them yellow. I punched them out with a scalloped square and layered onto the TAC Winchester DSP squares. For the base, I started with cream CS, and layered the dark purple rectangle on top of it. I used a stipple brush to add some "details" to the background. I used 2 shades of brown and orange with the stipple brushes. Then I used the TAC set kinderbet (retired) to add the word "LOOK". The "whoooooooo's" is from the TAC set whoooo (it was a special set a few months back). The ribbon is also from TAC. On the inside I hand wrote "having a birthday!" with a brown marker.
Well that is it for today. In case you didn't know...Saturday October 3rd is World Card Making Day! So take a few minutes to enjoy some card making fun tomorrow. I am hoping to get a few minutes to "change laundry" tomorrow....haha. Have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.
Jessica

No comments: