Thursday, October 29, 2009

SICKNESS!!!! Mojo110 - SSS27

Hello everyone. Happy Thursday. Hard to believe Saturday is Halloween already!! Well it has been a crazy week at my house. My 4 1/2 year old has been home since Tuesday with the lovely Piggy Flu...oh sorry I guess we are supposed to call it H1N1 now...ha ha. Thankfully she hasn't had it too bad, but trying to keep her away from the other girls in NOT easy. Clorox wipes are my favorite right now. I have been wiping down everything, and I think I wash my hands about 5000 times a day. My girls did have the H1N1 vaccine, so I am convinced that is why her case is so mild. This illness thing is crazy though. Kids are missing a week of school at a time!
Well I was able to escape for sanity reasons last night to my stamp room. I have felt so trapped in the house!!!!! I wanted to try to get a couple challenges done with week. So here is 2 of them I was able to get done last night. The first one I used the Mojo Monday Sketch this week.

I just love this gingerbread set from TAC. It is called gingerbread fun. This wasn't my original plan for this. I was going to put a house on here too, but it was too big. So you will be seeing the house on another card soon...since it is all colored and stickled already. I stamped the tree and gingerbread man on white CS, and colored them using colored pencils. I added some liquid pearl to the tree as ornaments, and crystal stickles to the buttons on the man. The ribbon I found on sale at a LCS awhile back, and couldn't' resist it. The greeting is from the TAC set trendy greetings. I stamped it on white CS, and punched it out with a scalloped circle. I added some red ink to the edges to add some color to it. The background was supposed to look like a candy cane. I used my brayer and masked part of the CS and used red on the brayer for the rest. When it was done, I liked it but thought it kinda looks like a Friday's restaurant tablecloth...lol. My next card I used the Sweet Stop Sketch this week. I used this digi image from Sweet 'n Sassy that I colored a couple weeks ago. The fun part of digi images is being able to re-size and play with them. This is actually the same image, but I re-sized it and printed it smaller too. I colored both images the same, then cut them out and layered them. The smaller one I folded up the wings a little to add a 3-D effect. I just thought it looked neat. I layered it onto a peach colored CS that I ran through the cuttlebug...multipletimes...haha. I have a small embossing folder that I liked for this card, but it wouldn't cover the whole thing, so I had to keep moving it and putting it through the machine again. It turned out pretty good though. The sentiment I used in the oval is from TAC ordinary greetings set. The ribbon is also from TAC. The brown background layer is from Papertrey Ink. I added a brown flower to the corner as well.

That is all for now. I am hoping to go downstairs again tonight. I have been struggling to get downstairs though...between the sickness and I am now having neck pains again. Last year on Halloween I was in a pretty bad car accident. My girls were all in the car, but thank GOD they were fine. Me however...I saw it coming, and so therefore I tensed up and messed up my neck and back. My neck has started bothering me again recently, so it is hard to bend over my table to color and piece my cards. I have been stretching it and heating it, so hopefully that too goes away soon. It is always something!

Happy Halloween!!!!

Jessica

1 comment:

Sue said...

Aw, sorry your babes are sick. So much flu going around hard to escape it no matter how much clorox it used! Cards are both nice, glad you got some stamping time in between being a nurse and Mom! Thanks for commenting on the BSS Blog. Look for Acetate on packaging. You can cut a piece big enough to make a card. You can't usually heat it to emboss, but it will fold and can be used for a card. Have a great week, hope your little ones are on the mend.