Friday, February 5, 2010

Football Weekend

Well the Superbowl is finally here! This is good news...I hate football...so this means I don't have to spend my Sunday listening to it anymore! In honor of the Superbowl, My Happy Place is doing a contest on Facebook. For those who don't know...My Happy Place is a local scrap booking "studio". You can go there and "rent" table space, spread out, and craft your heart out! They also offer classes, birthday parties, & girls' night out. Such a cool place...I just wish I could get there more often. Well the facebook contest was to create a football related project. You could do something involving your favorite team, but since I don't like football, I decided to use the contest to help me use up some PP I had. Here is what I came up with.

This is my "beer mug". I used the mug pattern from THIS previous post, and just made it taller. I wrapped it with the football themed PP. I used brown CS for the handle. I cut a large white strip of CS and added some CS letters to spell "GO TEAM". I also cut out a helmet and football to add a little detail to the white CS strip. Just a fun project...these would be cute for a boy b-day party sport favor, or a party favor for a football party of some sort. You could fill it with some candies.

My 2nd project tonight is a little Valentine card. The challenge this week on my LSS blog (Buffalo Stamps and Stuff) was to put a heart pocket on your project. I had made a heart pocket card a year of so ago, and totally forgot about this idea.

I used to PP I purchased awhile back at the Target $1 spot. I layered some pink CS on white CS base. I stamped the sentiment from a SU set in black along the top. Then I attached the heart pocket on the corner, and added 4 little hearts to the card also. For the smaller hearts, I stamped and punched them out using a SU stamps and punch. Very simple, but still cute.

That is all for now...I am hoping to finish my scrapbook from our family vacation 2 summers ago this weekend. I am not a scrapper, so this has been totally dragged out...lol. Thanks for stopping by.

Jessica

2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Great job on both projects. I'm not a football fan either and am trying to think of something to do for the contest. Hard when you don't do football.

sharon said...

Jessica, two treats for me tonight. I love what you did with the mug by making it taller, very creative!!! And the football theme is so nice for a guy or boy small gift. Really cute.

And your heart pocket card is so cute. I love the simplicity of it and how cute it turned out. One word says it all.......

Jessica, thanks for leaving a link so I could see what you created. Lots of attention in the store to the Monday challenges, so I know people are looking and using the ideas at home.

Have a great week.

Take Care
Sue