Friday, February 19, 2010

Thinking of Spring

Wow...what a day! Tonight is my chocolate party...what more could a girl ask for????!!!! Then the Fed-Ex man showed up at my door with a box today. I was slightly confused since I didn't remember ordering anything from Amazon, but it was addressed to me. So I opened it. Inside I found a packing slip with the follow "note" printed on the bottom. Jessica, Thank you for being the best mom and the best wife ever! And in the box...a brand new Netbook!!!! Now I can have my own personal computer in my stamproom to access all the blogs I like to go to for inspiration while I stamp! I am so excited!
Well, I did take some time to make a couple projects today. I am going to share one with you now, and you will see the other one next week...I promise =). I have been thinking spring lately, so I decided to make a cute spring card. Recently my girls and I were looking at a magazine that had a photo of some cherry blossoms. So I was inspired to make this card. I used a SU set to make this. I stamped the tree onto the CS, and sponged the blue and green around it. I stamped the flowers in light pink, and rolled the edges of the stamp in a darker pink. I then took the tedious task of cutting all 10 flowers out in detail...haha. I used foam tape to put them on the tree so it would have some dimension. I stamped 3 little blue birds, added some cotton candy stickles to the center of each blossom, and the yellow paper flowers on the grass. That is all for now. I hope this brought some happy spring thoughts to you as well.

1 comment:

FooFooYelland said...

Really lovely card! I like the sponging effect, as it makes it so light and pretty.
x