Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where I would LOVE to be right now... SSS43

What a week...I had big plans for all sorts of play dates, and as of right now we have had absolutely NONE! I need to at least be thankful my middle daughter isn't missing school as a result of her sickness, I just feel bad the play dates aren't happening. Well, since I am stuck at home, and have ample amounts of time to play this week, I was able to get the Sweet Stop sketch for this week done. Here is what I came up with.

OHHHHHH the beach...I would so love to be there! I just got this stamp set from the UPS man on Monday. I usually wouldn't pick a set like this, but for some reason I kept coming back to this one. The set is called On the Beach from The Angel Company. I used the shells and starfish stamps to create the background paper. I stamped the sentiment onto brown "sandy colored" CS. All the solid CS on this card are papers from Co ordinations..so I was able to easily sand the CS to give it a different look. I added some brads, and some twill ribbon. I stamped the little spiral shell and added that in place of the flower on the original Sketch.

Next I wanted to share this butterfly with you. Yesterday I posted the grunge flower I made using my I-top brad maker. Here is the silk flower butterfly.

I used 2 large silk flowers, and the center is an I-top brad I made using some TAC PP. For the "body" I used some ribbon wire, which I curled at the top. HERE is the link to the tutorial from Imaginisce's blog...where I got this idea from.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Candace said...

What a fun card! I'm ready for summer! Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop Sketches this week! :)