Thursday, October 21, 2010

QKR Thursday

Hi there. Hope you are having a good week so far. Today I wanted to share a card I made using the Watering Hearts image from QKR Stampede. I also used THIS sentiment from QKR Stampede. I thought they went very well together. I started with the white CS base, and layered the PP (from SU) onto that. I used some white paint around the edges of the PP. Next, I did some paper piecing. I used some of the PP from the same collection as the background paper. I paper pieced her dress, tights, and shoes. I used some blue glitter on her wings, and stickles on the halo. I colored the rest of the image with marker. I stamped the sentiment and trimmed it to "fit" the spot I had left...lol. The blue bows were some I had in my stash from a crop I went to a while back.
Now, I wanted to give you a "sneak peek" of my project for tomorrow's QKR Stampede "Let's Talk Turkey" blog hop! This is the first blog hop featuring the new DT...and you are in for a real treat...as always! The hop starts at the QKR Stampede Blog...from there you will be able to hop along to each of the DT ladies blogs. Don't forget to leave comments along the way. We love hearing from you. So stop by tomorrow 10/22 starting at 8am for this great hop...and you will be able to see the rest of this...

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Oh I love those glittery wings!!!! Am looking forward to seeing what you have for the hop tomorrow!