Thursday, October 14, 2010

Winter Fun!

Hi there. Today I wanted to play along with this month's Imaginisce Sketch Challenge. So, I went out of my norm, and made a fancy LO page. This was NOT easy for me...lol. Oh, and I don't have the picture for the page yet because...well it is a winter LO, and it isn't winter yet. I want to include this page in my 2010 Year in Review album I have been working on, so I just put a photo mat on the page where the photo WILL go. Now bear with me here, 12x12 pages are very hard to photograph. I did my best, and got some close ups of some of the details for you too. Sorry the lighting is bad too...it has been raining here all day, and it is just yucky out. Anyway, I started with a piece of 12x12 whiteist kraft CS. I layered the brown PP from the Polar Expressions collection from Imaginisce onto that. The strips of PP behind the photo mat are also from Polar Expressions collection. Like I mentioned before I don't have a photo YET, so I used a piece of white CS as a photo mat on this LO. Next, I used my Cricut to cut out the title with the blue snowflake PP from the Polar Expressions collection. I even added an i-Rock crystal to the dot on the "i". I also used one of the templates for the i-Rock and added this swirl to the bottom corner. I thought it looked like the "wind blowing" like on the background paper. In the top right corner, I used the same blue snowflake PP that I used for the title to cut out some snowflakes with my Cricut. I added some i-Rock crystals to the center, and i-Rock pearls to the circle part of the snowflakes.
Last, I added a piece of PP that has "blocks" for journaling after I add a photo. This PP is from the same collection of papers.

2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Nice layout, can't wait to see it with a pic on it. I think it is going to look great. I know how hard layouts are for you and you did a great job on this one.

Cindy S. said...

How smart of you to scrap a page AHEAD of time! LOVE it! TY for playing along! :) :)