Saturday, October 16, 2010

Progress...

So awhile back I purchased the Kaisercraft Advent calendar kit. I started it a while back too...lol. I did all the painting of the main pieces...then I walked away...lol. So today I realized it is almost Halloween, which means I really should get going on Christmas stuff. So, I pulled it out again, and finished putting it together.

So the base is all set now. Next step is to put the little drawers together, and decorate them. I have all sorts of papers, and little buttons to decorate it with. I still have to decide what exactly to do with the center. I thought about a photo, but I want to use this for many years to come. So...I am still not positive. So I will do all the drawers, and then go with the center. Maybe a giant tree with little ornament embellishments will be fun.

So I will share my progress with you as I go...lol. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

I've seen pictures of these somewhere and they are so cute. For that center, how about some kind of clear pocket kind of thing that the picture can be changed out, you could stick it on with magnets or velcro then each year put the prior years pic of the girls or something. You could also put some Christmas trees and presents on the bottom. Can't wait to see what you come up with.