This first set of cards is for a baby shower I have to go to, and also a friend that just had her 2nd little boy. I saw this idea from SCS. The link to the template can be found HERE. Thanks Deneen for sharing the template for this adorable card. So here is my take on it...
I wanted to use a different stamp set originally, but the stamp was too big for the pocket. So I used the little duckie from Seasonal cuties (a TAC stamp set). I have had the DSP for like 6 years...got it as a baby shower gift, and well...I have all girls. =) The buttons I picked out of my mother's old button tin. There are so very many buttons in the button tin! I hand drew the trim on the shirt.
My next creation tonight was a birthday card for a little girl turning 5.
My hubby gave me this new Sizzix embossing folder set for mother's day. I thought it would be cute for this card. I wanted lots of sparkle and shine for a little girl. I used twinkling H2Os to color in the dress and flower. I put white fun flock all over Hello Kitty's face, hand, and foot. The cupcake is a stamp from the April '09 TAC stamp set promo. I colored in the cupcake with markers, then added some liquid applique and stickles (cotton candy). I also used some purple stickles on the flower, as well as some pearl stickles on the cheeks and center of the flower. The cupcake is attached with dimensionals. It is hard to see some of the sparkle and fun on this card, but I promise it is there! ha ha.
My last card tonight is for the Belli Challenge #65. (CBC65) This weeks challenge was a color challenge. I also had a template that was featured in PaperCrafts magazine in the March/April 09 issue. I have been wanting to try this so, I figured now was better then ever! Here is what I came up with...
The colors for this challenge were: Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, and Cameo Coral. I used Apricot Appeal for the dress base. I used a cuttlebug D'vine Swirl embossing folder for the vellum overlay. I then ran the brayer over it with Cameo Coral. I used Certainly Celery ribbon for the bow. I also added some sparkle and shine! I used some glitter and micro beads along the bottom of the overlay piece. I also added some crystal stickles to some of the swirls on the overlay. I added some swirls to the top part of the dress as well as a boarder around the sleeve area. I used some pearl stickles to make a "pearl necklace" at the neckline of the dress.
That is all for today. I have a couple more cards I HAVE to make this week, so stop by again for another post soon. Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my creations.