Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Gifts



Well it is national teacher appreciation week. As president of the HSA at my daughter's school, I am responcible for coming up with gifts for all the staff at the school. The VP and I came up with this idea, and executed it! Like most groups, we are trying to cut costs where ever possible. Since I already had most of the stuff we needed to create these, it costs us less than $50.00 to make 30 sets of these. The only thing we had to purchase was the white cardstock and white envelopes, which I bought in sets at a local craft store. So...here they are....

What do you think? I used pre-cut and scored cards this time...as a time saver. I cut 4"x1" strips of DSP in lots of different colors and patterns. I stamped the letters on white cardstock and cut them out with a 1 3/8 circle punch. Then we punched either scalloped circles or used pre-cut squares to layer. We tried to corridinate colors as much as possible. To finish them off, we wrapped each set of 6 cards and 6 envelopes in a full sized (8 1/2 x 11) sheet of vellum. A thinker vellum is better for this. Then tied a wide ribbon around and added the sentiment, which was cut with the square punch.

Just another view. I had to rearrange them for my liking...ha ha. Well that is it for now. I will hopefully get some more crafting done today. I am working on mother's day gifts. We are making totebags that are coming out just adorable! I have to make the Godmother ones still. These take a little bit of time when you are trying to make them with a 6, 4, and 2 year old helping. Thanks for stopping by.

Jessica

No comments: