Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wild about You!



I decided to experiment today. I wanted to try out some of my new Angel Company stamp sets. The giraffe is from the Wild for You set. It is a really cute animal set. I found the ribbon at a local craft store for only $1.00 a roll. Couldn't pass it up, since I knew I had a matching stamp. I thought it would be fun to create a background also. I started by cutting out some random shapes to use as the spots on the background. Then I used 2-way glue to get the "sticky note" effect on them. I attached them to the cardstock. I used my brayer in So Saffron for the "yellow", removed the "spots", and then sponged the spots in Really Rust and Close to Cocoa. I did the rust color first, then added a little brown to darken them up. Next I added the ribbon...which I wanted to tie a bow, but I am horrible at bows...so a knot it is. The giraffe is stamped in So Saffron and I used an aquapainter to color in the spots with Close to Cocoa. I stamped the sentiment, which is part of the same set as the giraffe. That is it for this post. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: