Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
This is the first card. It uses the stamp set "an'undderbirthday?". I stamped the cow, colored the bikini using markers. I cut out the cow and used some liquid applique on the ice cream cone. I added some fun flock to the cow for some fun! The blue paper is from the Designer Collection Brighten my Day. I added the little sentiment on the bottom as well.
The 2nd make and take will be this little "favor" box. Last weekend I went to a baby shower. Being me...I didn't just take the favor and leave...NOOO...I had to stare at it for a while and try to figure out if I could make it on my own. So I took mine, and two other people's box and made a template. Here is what I got! I scored the box using the Scor-Pal. I stamped the sides with the "gerberadaisy" stamp. I colored in the flower using markers and added an eyelet to the center. I also put some stickles on the flower as some added "bling".
Well that is it for now. Thanks for stopping by!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
That is it for now.
Friday, May 15, 2009
This first set of cards is for a baby shower I have to go to, and also a friend that just had her 2nd little boy. I saw this idea from SCS. The link to the template can be found HERE. Thanks Deneen for sharing the template for this adorable card. So here is my take on it...
I wanted to use a different stamp set originally, but the stamp was too big for the pocket. So I used the little duckie from Seasonal cuties (a TAC stamp set). I have had the DSP for like 6 years...got it as a baby shower gift, and well...I have all girls. =) The buttons I picked out of my mother's old button tin. There are so very many buttons in the button tin! I hand drew the trim on the shirt.
My next creation tonight was a birthday card for a little girl turning 5.
My hubby gave me this new Sizzix embossing folder set for mother's day. I thought it would be cute for this card. I wanted lots of sparkle and shine for a little girl. I used twinkling H2Os to color in the dress and flower. I put white fun flock all over Hello Kitty's face, hand, and foot. The cupcake is a stamp from the April '09 TAC stamp set promo. I colored in the cupcake with markers, then added some liquid applique and stickles (cotton candy). I also used some purple stickles on the flower, as well as some pearl stickles on the cheeks and center of the flower. The cupcake is attached with dimensionals. It is hard to see some of the sparkle and fun on this card, but I promise it is there! ha ha.
My last card tonight is for the Belli Challenge #65. (CBC65) This weeks challenge was a color challenge. I also had a template that was featured in PaperCrafts magazine in the March/April 09 issue. I have been wanting to try this so, I figured now was better then ever! Here is what I came up with...
The colors for this challenge were: Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, and Cameo Coral. I used Apricot Appeal for the dress base. I used a cuttlebug D'vine Swirl embossing folder for the vellum overlay. I then ran the brayer over it with Cameo Coral. I used Certainly Celery ribbon for the bow. I also added some sparkle and shine! I used some glitter and micro beads along the bottom of the overlay piece. I also added some crystal stickles to some of the swirls on the overlay. I added some swirls to the top part of the dress as well as a boarder around the sleeve area. I used some pearl stickles to make a "pearl necklace" at the neckline of the dress.
That is all for today. I have a couple more cards I HAVE to make this week, so stop by again for another post soon. Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my creations.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
What do you think? I used pre-cut and scored cards this time...as a time saver. I cut 4"x1" strips of DSP in lots of different colors and patterns. I stamped the letters on white cardstock and cut them out with a 1 3/8 circle punch. Then we punched either scalloped circles or used pre-cut squares to layer. We tried to corridinate colors as much as possible. To finish them off, we wrapped each set of 6 cards and 6 envelopes in a full sized (8 1/2 x 11) sheet of vellum. A thinker vellum is better for this. Then tied a wide ribbon around and added the sentiment, which was cut with the square punch.
Just another view. I had to rearrange them for my liking...ha ha. Well that is it for now. I will hopefully get some more crafting done today. I am working on mother's day gifts. We are making totebags that are coming out just adorable! I have to make the Godmother ones still. These take a little bit of time when you are trying to make them with a 6, 4, and 2 year old helping. Thanks for stopping by.