Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Creative Belli Challenge 93 - Rub Ons

Happy Wednesday!!! It is Creative Belli Challenge day! Today's challenge is to use Rub-ons. I LOVE rub-ons, but I hoard them...lol. I think they are sooo neat, and such a simple embellishment to use, but for some reason I don't use them as often as I would/should because I am afraid I will use them all up. Now I know you are all like that with at least one of your paper crafting supplies...lol. Well, today we are encouraging you to dig out those rub-ons and use them. Don't forget to stop over to the Creative Belli Blog and see all the DT ladies gorgeous work. Here is what I came up with for this challenge.
I have seen so many butterflies this spring/summer so far. Seems like a surplus of black and yellow ones. I was actually inspired to use these colors from those butterflies I have been seeing. I started with a white CS base, and added the black CS to that. Then I pulled out my good old SU rub-ons from a year or more ago that I have been hoarding, and added some to the black. I added the flourish to the corner, and the little butterflies all around. I even used a rub-on for the sentiment! Next, I wanted to try something new. I keep seeing these paper flowers all over the blogging world, and have wanted to try them. I thought this was a perfect card to do them with. Here is a close up of them. I used some yellow PP I have had for about 7 years...yes I said 7...again hoarding it...lol. I cut out a circle, and cut that into a spiral, the twisted from the outside in. I saw a tutorial for this somewhere, but not positive where. Well...as you can see they are so pretty when they are done...and really very simple to make. Next I stamped the butterflies with black ink unto that same yellow PP, and cut them out. I layered them onto the background with foam tape to make them stick out some more. I curled the edges of the butterflies just a little too. The last thing I did was add some sparkle by misting the card with a water and liquid pearl mixture. It adds such a nice subtle sparkle.
Well, now it is YOUR turn! Head on over to the Creative Belli Blog, and link up your card you made with rub-ons. Us DT ladies can't wait to see what you come up with...and hope to help you stop hoarding those embellishments, and use them up! Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Jessica, the rub-ons look great, and your roses are FAB!!

joy said...

What a sweet card! I adore the flowers! The dp you used on them is perfect! Great inspiration!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love the white rub-ons on the black and your paper flowers look AWESOME!!!! I will have to give those flowers a try...thanks for the inaspiration!!!!

Holly said...

Such a fun and pretty card! LOVE the flowers and the white rub-ons against the black really pop out.

Ceal said...

Beautiful card Jessica, love the colors,everything about it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling! I love the rub ons- great flowers too! TFS

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great job with the challenge, Jess! Love the rub-ons you used and your paper roses are terrific!