I have seen so many butterflies this spring/summer so far. Seems like a surplus of black and yellow ones. I was actually inspired to use these colors from those butterflies I have been seeing. I started with a white CS base, and added the black CS to that. Then I pulled out my good old SU rub-ons from a year or more ago that I have been hoarding, and added some to the black. I added the flourish to the corner, and the little butterflies all around. I even used a rub-on for the sentiment! Next, I wanted to try something new. I keep seeing these paper flowers all over the blogging world, and have wanted to try them. I thought this was a perfect card to do them with. Here is a close up of them. I used some yellow PP I have had for about 7 years...yes I said 7...again hoarding it...lol. I cut out a circle, and cut that into a spiral, the twisted from the outside in. I saw a tutorial for this somewhere, but not positive where. Well...as you can see they are so pretty when they are done...and really very simple to make. Next I stamped the butterflies with black ink unto that same yellow PP, and cut them out. I layered them onto the background with foam tape to make them stick out some more. I curled the edges of the butterflies just a little too. The last thing I did was add some sparkle by misting the card with a water and liquid pearl mixture. It adds such a nice subtle sparkle.
Well, now it is YOUR turn! Head on over to the Creative Belli Blog, and link up your card you made with rub-ons. Us DT ladies can't wait to see what you come up with...and hope to help you stop hoarding those embellishments, and use them up! Thanks for stopping by today!