Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fishing Birthday

Hi there. Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. What a weekend, and this coming one will be even MORE busy! I did however do some scrap booking this past weekend. I am so slow at it...lol. This weekend I am not sure what I will get to. It is dance recital weekend. Which means the whole week is pictures, rehearsal, etc. Plus my middle DD is graduating from PreK on Friday, and my hubby and I are going on a date to a concert. I am so looking forward to the non-scheduled life of summer.
Well today I wanted to share a card I made last night for a couple different challenges. I started with this weeks sketch challenge from The Sweet Stop. I then made this into a "manly" or boy card which is the challenge over at the Cupcake Craft Challenge this week.

I used this boy fishing image from TAC, and colored it with colored pencils. Like I mentioned before, I am trying NOT to buy stuff, but to use up what I have. So...I used some PP's from my 7 year old stack. I layered the blue onto a white base, and added the green PP to that. The buttons are from "The button tin". If you have never heard the button tin story...long story short, most of the buttons are older than me...lol. I "inherited" these buttons from my mom when she moved a couple years ago. I figured it would be a great way to use them up too. I used a white gel pen to make it look like there is thread on them. There is actually 2 ribbons on this card too. I layered some cream ribbon onto some brown sheer ribbon. Ok, I think that is all the details...lol. I am a little scatterbrained this week.

Oh, one last thing. I am so excited, my oldest DD's card made it into the top 3 over at Kona Kid's Krafters this week! I am so proud of her!!! I can't wait to show her when she gets home from school.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable image and such a cute card! Thanks for playing along this week at The Sweet Stop! :)

Unknown said...

Aaah, what a cute little guy! Thanks for playing with our sketch at The Sweet Stop.