Thursday, June 10, 2010

QKR Thursday-Father's Day

Hello there...and happy Thursday. Today I have a very CAS QKR Stampede card for you. Since tomorrow is our June Blog Hop, I wanted to make today's card simple. See the bottom of this post for more Blog Hop details.
The other day I posted the father's day cards my girls made, so today I thought I would share the card I made for my hubby.

I recently learned how to make these folded shirts. I have seen them before, and think they are just adorable. If you wanted to try them I found THIS tutorial by Maria when I did a google search. I used a piece of SU PP that I have had laying around...this works best with double sided PP. I layered the shirt onto some yellow CS, and a green CS base. I used some twill ribbon to make a tie, and added a little yellowish button to the bottom of the shirt. The twill tie reminds me of the ties my brothers used to wear when I was growing up...lol. I stamped the sentiment onto cream CS with Mellow Moss ink. The sentiment is from the QKR Stampede Set called Happy Birthday. It comes with 4 sentiments...happy birthday, happy anniversary, happy mother's day, and happy father's day. Like I said...simple, but cute!

NOW...Blog Hop...tomorrow 6/11 will be our June Blog Hop for QKR Stampede. You will want to start HERE at the QKR Stampede Blog. When you arrive there, you will find the complete list of the DT Ladies Blogs in order of the hop. Our theme this month is Picnic/Patriotic cards. This should be a fun hop! If you haven't joined any of our blog hops yet...you won't want to miss this one. So be sure to stop back tomorrow, or head right over to the QKR Stampede Blog, and hop along with us!

No comments: