Monday, January 11, 2010

Birthday Gifts in Progress

The other day I showed you a "sneak peek" of a project I am attempting to make. We have 4 birthdays in our family this month, so I wanted to try to make gifts. Well...HERE is the post with the first view of the gifts, and here are some more of the ALMOST finished product.

As you can see...I am attempting shrinky dinks. I stamped with staz-on ink onto the shrinky dink "paper", then colored the images with colored pencil. Since 3 of the things are going to be earrings, I made sure I punched holes before baking them. The little mug (which is going to be a pin, since my mom doesn't have pierced ears) ended up nice and flat like I wanted, the other pieces ended up still curled a bit, but since they are earrings I think it makes them look neat. I took this next photo to give you an idea of how small they are now compared to before.

This really was a fun project to do, now I just need to buy the earring hooks and get them attached. Thanks for looking!

Jessica

No comments: