Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunflower Birthday SSS37

Happy Sunday to you all! Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday season, and breaks from school or work. My 2 older daughters go back to school tomorrow. They are excited and not excited, me...well I have mixed feelings too.
Well today I finally started getting my creative bug back. Apparently it ran away from my house for a week or so, but it is slowly coming back. I just haven't had much inspiration lately. I did get very excited when I saw this weeks Sweet Stop Sketch. As soon as I saw this sketch I knew what I wanted to use with it.
This image is from one of the new TAC sets. (T3254 Wonder and Joy) I just thought it was ADORABLE! I colored her in with marker...and tried to use colors I don't usually use. I used PP from TAC's Whimsy Blossoms paper set. I layered the pp & image onto some yellow CS. I added the sentiment from the TAC Ordinary Greetings set. I added some gems and stickles to the image as well as the base. I tried to find a blossom to match the color of the flowers on the PP, and added a bronze brad to the center.
I really enjoyed this sketch...it looked "complicated" at first, but was really easy to put together once I got going.
Thanks for stopping by.
Jessica

1 comment:

Andrea said...

How cute is that image! Love the paper too...great job!