Friday, January 15, 2010

Turtle Birthday and some Early Valentines SSS38

Well, today my middle daughter turned 5! I can't believe it...like everyone told me when they were first born...time flies. She was just thrilled today to take cupcakes to school, and have the doughnuts daddy bought for breakfast. On the way to school she told me it was the "Happiest day of her life...", so sweet. Well I have 2 things to share with you today. The first is a card I made with this weeks Sweet Stop Sketch, and the second is some valentines.
I made this card using the Sweet Stop Sketch this week. I need a birthday card for a party one of my girls is going to on Monday. She requested I use the Princess Turtle set from Inky Antics (since she picked it out at a stamp show we went to). I stamped the image, colored it and cut it out. I then created a background for her using some cloud PP. I sponged a grassy hill onto the PP, and added some little flowers and butterflies from the same stamp set. I stamped the crown on gold CS and cut it out. I attached the turtle using foam tape for some 3-D look. I layered that onto a certainly celery CS base. I created a boarder for the center piece using some stamps from the same stamp set. Last, I added some paper flowers and stickles to the corners. Here is a close up.

My 2nd project today is the first batch of valentines for my DDs to pass out at school. I saw this idea on the TAC paper crafting community, and thought it would be perfect for Valentines. So easy too!


I used 3 or 4 different shades of red and pink for these. I cut and scored all 30 of them at once...mass producing can be oh so fun! I stamped a sentiment in the center (which is from one of the new TAC sets T3241 Bug of Fun), and then added the ladybugs (which are from a TAC hostess set). I used pink staples to attach the M&M's to the CS, and folded over the top flap and tucked it into the bottom flap. Very easy, and cute too.
Well that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend.
Jessica

No comments: