Thursday, September 1, 2011

HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!!!!

I can't believe it is September already! Where did the time go???!!! Seems like it wasn't that long ago that I got the girls signed up for their first swimming lesson for the summer, and now I am getting ready to ship them off to school. I am on the Home School Association (PTA) at my girls' school, and last night we hosted our New Family Welcome night. Well, that just got the girls more excited about going back to school next week. I guess being in the building, and seeing some of the teachers just did it for them. It is nice to see them so excited about their new adventures this year. Well, with September comes Fall...so I decided to share a fall themed card with you today. I just love this LEAF stamp from QKR Stampede. This is also the stamp that I was using to demo this past weekend at the convention. Such a simple image, but just so gorgeous. I also decided to play with the Gold Leaf so more for this card. I started by stamping the the image with an orange ink. Then I made a mask and stamped 2 other colors (brown and green) on the white CS strip. Next I stamped the image with Versamark, and used the Sticky Powder on it. For this card, I used the reddish colored Gold Leaf. There is some reds, silvers, and a little bit of orange and gold in this color.

This picture shows you a little closer what the gold leaf looks like. Last I layered everything onto some fun fall papers from BoBunny, added some ribbon, and some buttons.


Well that is all for now. I am off to go attempt to make homemade fruit roll-ups with my girls. This should be an interesting experiment.

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

Nice job! I'm loving playing with that sticky powder and gold leaf. Great stuff!