Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fall Beauty

Wow...I didn't realize it was so late already. Lets just say...I am enjoying sleeping in way too much...therefore slacking on my blog posts being up first thing. HA HA...only a few more days to do the sleeping in thing though, then back to the up at the butt crack of dawn to get the kids to school. Of course anything before 9am is the butt crack of dawn to me...lol. I am not a morning person. Thankfully my kids know this, and they know that mommy isn't being mean when she doesn't talk in the morning, she just doesn't talk in the morning...lol.

Anyway...we have a new challenge for you at the Creative Belli Challenge today. This time we are challenging you to use acetate or vellum. So...I thought about using some vellum for this, but I am hoarding all my vellum for the wedding invitations I am making. So...I decided to go through my stash and see what I could find. A few times I have ordered the grab box of goodies that Maya Road offers from their warehouse. I just love these, because you get a whole box of goodies and it is like Christmas opening it up! So I dug through my collection and found these acetate journaling boxes. There is one for each alphabet letter, and I have only used a few so far. But the "B" one stuck out to me, and I thought it would look great with a fall leaf stamp. Here is what I came up with.

I used the Solid Oak leaf stamp from Biblical Impressions. I stamped it with Versamark, and used sticky power to make it sticky. (Sticky power is also known as heat and stick, but the sticky power is available at the QKR Stampede site.) Next I used Gold Leaf (also from the QKR Stampede site) on my leaf. I am just in love with this technique. The gold leaf and the sticky powder are so awesome together, and so EASY to do! Here is a close up of the leaf. It just adds so much to the card, and looks awesome on fall cards. Next I fussy cut that leaf out, and layered it onto the acetate piece. Then I layered the various PPs, and added the lace ribbon and bow. The PPs are all from CTMH.

Well now you need to go see what the other Belli DT Gals have come up with for this challenge. Then grab that vellum or acetate that you have had laying around in your craft room stash, and play along!


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is really pretty, Jessica...the acetate box is just tooo cool and I love the beautiful leaf!!!! IKWYM about not being a morning person...I'm not either!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This leaf is really beautiful........love the layout and letter!! Great job!!

joy said...

Beautiful card -- Im thinking about ordering some of the sticky powder - I love the dimension you have created in your card.

Robin Parker said...

Love how you did the leaf on the vellum. Great technique. Thanks for sharing.

Holly said...

Gorgeous! I love the gold-leafed leaf (LOL!) and that sweet Maya Road alphabet box.