Saturday, October 22, 2011

Altered M

Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I love weekends...so nice to not have to drive the kids to school, but instead just be home and relaxed...minus the 10,000 birthday parties we have to drive them to each weekend...lol. Speaking of parties...my oldest DD is going to one tomorrow, and I thought it would be fun to making something as part of the gift. Awhile back, I made altered alphabet letters for my girls, so I thought I would make one for my DD's friend. Here is what I came up with. She said her friend likes purple, so I went to my LCS and picked up some purple PP. I used mod-podge to put the paper onto the letter (which was purchased at Hobby Lobby). Next, I used my Cricut to cut the name out. I made the shadow using white CS, and some PP for the name. I also used a white gel pen to trace over the letters. Next I used a bunch of flowers from Imaginisce to create the big flower on the left. I used a brad to hold them all together (it is a cord brad from Nikki Sivils). I used scor tape to attach that so it stays good.

Now I am loving the idea of making these as gifts for my nephews and niece for Christmas. What kid doesn't like to see their initial all fancied up! So I will be heading back to Hobby Lobby for more of these letters, and some papers to create more of these. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: