Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Creative Belli 115 - Eggs and Bunnies

Yes Eggs and Bunnies...that is our challenge this week over at the Creative Belli Challenge. Hard to believe Easter is only a couple weeks away! My girls start there Easter break from school on Friday, and have the entire next week off. I am just praying for nice weather during this break...hoping to get some great family outside time in! Well anyway...back to the Belli Challenge...I am easily side tracked...in honor of the upcoming holiday, we challenge you to grab your old forgotten egg and bunnies embellishments, and create! Here is the little bunny I inked up... Isn't he sweet????!!! I can honestly say I have never inked this adorable guy up. I bought this set from TAC over a year ago, and out of all the stamps in the set, I only ever used 1...and it wasn't this guy. So...today was the day! I inked this guy up and colored with water color crayons. Then added some white fun flock to his tail, and a little around his face. Next I layered him onto a yellow square. Here is how the entire card turned out...
So I grabbed some more forgotten bunnies for this rest of the card. This PP is from Target $1 spot last year. I totally forgot I had it until I started digging for Easter themed papers. So I trimmed it down, and layered onto a white CS base. For the 2nd square on here, I grabbed the little flower image from the same stamp set as the bunny, and randomly stamped it in the background. Then I used some brown ink to stamp the sentiment (again from the same stamp set). Last, I added the little i-rock rhinestuds to the bottom corner. A very simple card, but I thought it turned out pretty cute.

Now...head on over to the Creative Belli Challenge blog, and see what the rest of the DT gals have created for this theme. Then grab those old forgotten eggs and bunnies, and play along!


OH, and you will also notice some changes to the Creative Belli Challenge. After 3 years of providing us was amazing challenges, and inspiration, the creators of the Belli Blog, have decided to step down. BUT...the good news is Leah Cornelius has stepped up to take over! If you are not familiar with Leah, she is the owner of Heart Song Designs....and is a very talented artist. I can't wait to start working with Leah, and look forward to what lies ahead with the Belli Challenge. Both Holly and Chris will be deeply missed, but I trust that GOD has bigger and better things in store for them. I wish them the best of luck in all that lies ahead for them. I also would like to say a special thank you to Chris and Holly for allowing me to be a part of the super talented Belli DT...I feel so honored to have spent the past year on the Belli Team working with them both.

10 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Jessica, this is so cute! I love that bunny and the wonderful dp you used to highlight him!! Well done!

Beth Norman said...

Such a sweet card. It is interesting to hear you coloured with watercolour pencil crayons. I haven't used mine in ages. Must change that. Like you, I am looking forward to working with Leah. Should be fun.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Sweet bunny image and I love the coordinating PP you found. I love the watercolor coloring- mine are dusty from not being used....! I hope you have great weather too for your week off.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how cute I love the bunny,colors and coloring!!
Hugs,
Chris

Kristie Maynard said...

What a cute bunny! Glad you finally broke him out. Don't you wonder why you never use some things like that. I do the same thing, but it is like getting new supplies isn't it?
Great job.

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a sweet Easter card, Jess...what a cute idea to add the Fun Flock to his tail and the papers are just perfect!!!

Karen W said...

This is just too cute Jessica, darling card!!

Mary Marsh said...

isnt this just the cutest image-great patterned paper and what a deal to find it in the $1 bin-hope you have a wonderful time with your girls on easter break

Tamara Morton said...

Morning Jessica, such a cute and colourful card I love that patterned paper and theres nothing better than finding a bargain.
Hugs
Tamara

Robin Parker said...

Jessica, love the bunny falling out of the basket. Great image.So many elements to look at in this card.