Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy "Bird-day"

Hi there. Today I wanted to share I card I made using a new fun product I picked up at my LSS the other day. I have been eyeing this stuff since Inky Antics posted it on their blog. The line is called HoneyPOP, and is just sooo fun! The line includes some stamp sets as well as the "honeyPOP" paper pads. Now when you see the inside you will totally be taken back to the "old days", when we went to a birthday party, and someone had those cool puffy paper trees on their table, or balls hanging from the ceiling. LOL I have to say...it is SUPER easy to work with, and a lot of fun. So...let me share my HoneyPOP creation with you now. Here is the front of my card...I used this bird image from the Cupcake Birdy HoneyPOP clear set. I stamped him and colored with markers. Then I layered onto various cupcake themed PPs. For the base, I used white CS with a green CS on top of that. Next, I added some little flowers, and the sentiment (which is from the same stamp set). Now for the inside! This is what you see when you open the card... How fun is that???!!! When my girls saw this, they were sooo excited. Honestly, I couldn't get the card away from them...lol. I am hoping they don't touch the fun paper "HoneyPOP" stuff too much...I need to give this card to someone later this week! I used yellow HoneyPOP paper, and for the "cupcake wrapper", I used some Echo Park PP from the Little Girl line. I stamped the sentiment using more of the stamps from the same stamp set. Well, isn't that sooo fun? I just love the way it turned out. I totally need to get my hands on more of this HoneyPOP paper!
Thanks for stopping by!


This card is for the following challenge:




2 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Turned out really cute Jessica. What fun stuff!

Shelby Goolsby said...

How cute and what a fun surprise!!Love it!! Hugs,Shelby