Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Royal Belli Challenge

Yes the talk of the entire world right now is the big "Royal Wedding". Personally I am not all the goo goo over the whole thing...but it is the biggest news right now....lol. Well our challenge this week at the Creative Belli Challenge is going right along with the "Royal Wedding"...we are challenging you to make a "Royal" card...using "royal" embellishments. Some ideas might be: fleur de lis, diamonds, princess, crowns, tiaras, the color purple, etc... You get the idea. Well here is what I came up with. As you can see, I went with purple (the color associated with royalty) and some diamonds and sparkle. My pattern paper is all very very old...which is the idea behind the Belli Challenge...use what you have! I layered the flower PP, then the purple oval on that. For the princess, I used a SU die cut...BUT...I didn't use the die cut, I used the frame from the die cut. I then took a piece of muslin and "sponged" the purple ink onto the CS. I thought it gave it a neat look using the muslin instead of a sponge or stipple brush. The I trimmed it down, and layered onto the oval. The sentiment is a a very old sticker I had in my sticker stash. Last, I added some more "royal" embellishments. Some diamonds on the crown, and stickles on the crown... I also added some stickles to her dress for a "shiny, royal" look. I used stickles all around the dress shape, and then some extra around the skirt part of the dress. A very simple card, but it seemed "royal" to me!
Now, head on over to the Creative Belli Challenge for some more royal inspiration. Don't forget to play along with us, by linking up your royal creation on the bottom of the Creative Belli 116 post! Can't wait to see what you come up with!




7 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

She's Royal, all right! I love the sparkle you added!!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, so much work went into this beauty. My girlfriend isn't into the wedding either, but her sister is. So, my GF is knitting the Royal Family. If you google "knitted royal family" and look at the images, you'll see what I mean. Us Canadians are obsessed with the wedding.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I love the look you achieved with the muslin....this looks soooo cool and the jewels add that special sparkle!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

You achieved such a cool look with the muslin- I love all of the added sparkle- the crown is great.

Mary Marsh said...

great royal card jessica-fit for a princess

Robin Parker said...

Wow, what a clever way to incorporate the challenge into your creation. I do love the color purple.

joy said...

Great idea to use the frame from the die cut! Lovely "royal" purple paper.