Thursday, April 21, 2011

HE is Risen

HI there. Wow what a week so far. It has been FREEZING every day, so no outside time for us. But, since the kids and my hubby are off this week from school/work, we are trying to find lots of things to do. There is an Easter Tradition here in Buffalo, NY that you take a trip to the Broadway Market. Broadway Market is a very old market over in the not so nice neighborhood, but they have really kept it up. At Easter, it is a big thing to go visit the market. There are TONS of vendors selling; meat, fruit, breads, baked goods, and CHOCOLATE!!! They also have an Easter Bunny, balloon man (you know the ones that shape the balloons), and more. So you get the point...oh and I should mention it is a Polish market...so don't forget the pussy willows for Dyngus Day! Yeah...Dyngus Day is a whole different story...lol. Well on Monday our family took a trip there. It is just so fun walking around and checking everything out. They girls enjoyed the excitement of it all.
Last night we took our girls to the Horse Races. It really was fun. And I have to say...a great environment. It really was a family environment, and I never once heard a swear word. I was kinda surprised how many families were there. Although for FREE...yes free...except we ended up getting some pop/soda, coffee, and a snack. It was really neat watching it all live. Here is a picture of my girls watching the excitement of the horse races. Ok...I guess I should get on to my card now...lol. Today's card is a very very simple card...but it is more the technique I used to make it. I haven't done this in a while, and thought it would look so pretty with this CROSS image from QKR Stampede. I started by stamping the image with Versamark onto some rainbow CS. Then I embossed with clear embossing powder. Next, I took out my brayer (after I found it...it has been a while...lol), and brayered brown ink over the entire piece of CS. Then I took a cloth, and wiped the embossed CROSS image. AND...TADA...the rainbow paper shines through. Here is the rest of the card. Like I said...very simple...but I couldn't think what else to add...since it already looked so pretty. Sometimes simple is best. I used a white gel pen to hand write the "HE is Risen!!". I guess I was trying to catch the importance of the season with this one. It isn't about all the craziness of things...like the market...but the mere fact that our Savior, Jesus Christ died for us and rose again 3 days later! Such an amazing act of love!





Well, that is all for now. If I am not back before Sunday, I wish you all a wonderful Easter!



This card is for the following challenge:


Simon Says - Emboss it!













No comments: