Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Flowers

Hi there. So I usually share a QKR Stampede card on Thursdays, but today I decided to go with an image from one of the sister companies called Eureka Stamps. Not sure if you are aware, but there are actually 3 companies in all...QKR Stampede, Eureka Stamps, and Biblical Impressions. There are sooo many awesome images between the 3 of them. Really something for everyone. Well today, I wanted to share this gorgeous Tulip and Pansies Frame image. I actually made 2 cards with it for you too!This is the first one I made. For this one, I used black ink, and stamped onto the white CS. Then I used watercolor crayons to color. I trimmed right along the "frame" line, and adhered it to a orangish/peachish CS base. I used a rub-on for the sentiment. Then I added some sparkle! I used some pink glitter on the tulip, and some yellow stickles on the center of the pansies. Here is the 2nd one...This time, I stamped with Versamark, and embossed with gold embossing powder. Then I colored again with watercolor crayons. I trimmed around the frame, and put it on some light purple CS. I added the rub-on sentiment to the bottom this time. Ok...one last set of photos...lol...I wanted to share my inspiration for these colored flowers. My DH and I took our girls to the local botanical gardens last week. They spring flowers were in bloom everywhere. So I took some photos, and used the colors as my inspiration. Here are the ones that I used for the inspiration of these cards.


Ok...I am done now...lol. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day.



This is for the following challenge:



Simon Says Challenge - Anything Goes

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful flowers- we are behind you apparently- we will be enjoying these shortly- and I will be sneezing like crazy- but still enjoying the flowers!

Heather said...

Two lovely cards Jessica, the image is wonderful and such pretty colours, colouring and glittering!!

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx