Sunday, April 24, 2011

First Communion Frame

Hi there. I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Easter. We had a wonderful day with family. I wanted to share a project I made as a gift for my DD. In just a couple weeks, she will be making her first communion. Last week while she was off of school, I took her to have photos taken. My plan was to go and ONLY get the $9.99 package....well...yeah I totally got sucked in...lol. I tried to tell my hubby to come with me...but he didn't listen...and well I am just a sucker for beautiful photos. So...I already had this frame started, and now I have photos to put on it! I picked up this photo box from my LSS. I believe it is from 7 Gypsies. I also picked up the various PP's I used at my LSS. I am rather amazed at how difficult it is to find religious themed papers! I am currently searching for a religious/1st Communion themed scrapbook kit. If anyone knows of a place to get one at a reasonable price...feel free to leave it in the comments on this post. Anyway...here is what I made her, and some close-ups too.Ok...so this is the whole photo box. I just love the way it turned out. I simply cut the papers to fit the 4x6 boxes...then added various embellishments. (Which by the way are also hard to find religious embellishments.) I was able to find some stickers at AC Moore, and some little cross charms at my LSS. Now...here are some close ups of some of the boxes. For this box, I added some Prima flowers to the base of the photo. Then I added some platinum stickles to those. You can also see the top of one of the stickers I added. For this box, I used my Cricut to cut the date of the 1st Communion. Then I added some smooth pearls to the letters for shine. I also added some stickers and a little cross charm I picked up at my LSS. For this box, I used a big pearl and diamond/rhinestone flourish I picked up at AC Moore. It is one of those big sticker ones. I added the little cross charm, a cross sticker, and some Prima daisies. I think this is one of my favorite boxes...just so pretty. For this box...the cross is the main focal point. The cross is just the PP. I cut it to be the center of the box. Then I added some more of those little Prima rosebuds. I again used the platinum stickles, and added them to the cross and the flowers.
Well, that is all for now. She has already seen this, and it is already hanging on my wall. She just loves it...and so do I! Thanks for stopping by!

I am submitting this for the following Challenge:

Do You Stack Up? - Easter Blog Hop challenge. You must do the blog hop, and put the letters together to know the theme for this week. Plus the hop gets you in for lots of fun prizes!

7 comments:

Miranda said...

very pretty scraplayout, it looks very beautiful this way, like the way you divide the page in rectangles
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

Very beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Gerri Herbst said...

Gorgeous frame. Great altered art...It really inspired me to use some old picture frames I have. take care, gerri

Kristie Maynard said...

Your frame did turn out beautifully! Very nice job, Jess. I found the same problem with scrapping my kids baptism and confirmations. Not much out there. I will check what I have left, I may have some things for you. Just have to locate them. You know how that goes! That frame is going to be a wonderful keepsake!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic reminder.

kitten DYSU team

Janna Werner said...

Hey there :) Thank you so much for sharing your lovely project with us and joining our DYSU Easter Blog Hop 2011! Hope you keep on stacking up with us! Hugs Janna :)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

this is beautiful and will be treasured...