Sunday, November 6, 2011

My MIL's Birthday Gift

Hi there. Today my girls and I are going to visit my in-laws to celebrate my MIL's birthday. So...I wanted to share with you the gift I made for her. I saw this wooden frame this past summer at AC Moore, and knew I wanted to make something with it. So I thought this was the perfect time to do it. So I went back, bought the frame, and the PP to cover it. Here is how it turned out.

The frame is actually 12 x 12, so one whole piece of PP was needed to cover it. I used mod-podge to stick the paper down to the frame. Once it was totally dry, I used my xecto knife to cut the photo slots out, and trim the edges. Then I used my Cricut to cut the words. I was going to add some more, but I really liked the simplistic look of this. Simple and elegant. I think the paper was so pretty alone, that it didn't need much else. The last thing I did was add some purple stickles to the words to make them stick out more. Well...thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day!

No comments: