Tuesday, December 8, 2009

17 More Days!!!!! Are you ready? CCC69, MOJO116, SASSC43

Hello all...yes there are only 17 more days until Christmas. The excitement in my house is growing more and more each day. We were able to get our tree up this weekend, and some outside lights. We usually put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving, but with my DD's slumber b-day party last weekend, we had to wait until after. Which, by the way, the slumber party was a HUGE success. The 8 girls ages 7 and below had a blast getting make-overs, and watch the Hannah Montana movie. I did learn that 8 is the maximum number of sleeping bags in the living room though. =)
Well I have a couple cards for you today. The first one I created for this weeks Mojo Monday Challenge. It is prize week this week too, so stop on over and check out the sketch to play along. Here is what I came up with.
I used the gingerbread stamp from the TAC set gingerbread fun. I just LOVE this set. I colored him in using colored pencils. I also did some paper piecing on his hat and hearts. I added some glitter and googly eyes too. The PP is from TAC also. The ribbon I got in the Target dollar spot the other day. The sentiment is from SU.
My second card today is for two challenges. First I used the sketch from The Fresh Batch this week. The second challenge is for the Cupcake Craft Challenge this week, which is Sing a Christmas Carol. So Here is what I came up with.

Last year for Christmas, my DH took my girls to the LSS to get me some gifts. This was one of the stamps that was chosen for me. I honestly can say I didn't know if I would ever use it, but since it was picked out by my DDs, I couldn't return it. I thought the Christmas carol "We Three Kings" would be perfect for this challenge with this stamp. So I colored the image with bright (royalty) colored colored pencils. I ink distressed the edges, and layered it onto the star PP from TAC Tuscany Spice Collection. I added raffia in place of the ribbon, and a couple brads. I hand wrote the "We three Kings of orient are..." This was the perfect use for this stamp, and I am so glad I was finally able to use it.

That is all for today. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jessica

3 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

so very cute, great job!

enjoy *~*

Jennifer Stricker said...

Beautiful card. The kings are wonderful. Thanks for playing with Stamps & Smiles and Our Creative Corner. I hope you will play with us again.

Jen SASSC DT

Jennifer Meyer said...

Wonderful cards Jessica, you did a great job on the sketches and your designs are beautiful!

Thanks for playing with us over at Stamps and Smiles! Hugs, Jennifer :)