Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Baby SSS36 CCC71

Hello everyone! I have really been enjoying my husband being off of work this week. I have had some extra time in my stamp room as a result. Well I made 2 cards today, but am only sharing one for right now...since the other one is still drying.
So...I made this card for the Cupcake Craft challenge this week, which is A Time for Celebration, and I used the Sketch from the Sweet Stop. I made a new baby card...since new life is always a time for celebration. Here is what I came up with.
The little froggie in the stroller is a new image from The Angel Company. As a rep, I was able to pre-order some of the new sets coming out in the new catalog this Spring. There are so great new sets coming our for sure. I am very excited to share some of these images with you too. This little guy comes from a set that has lots of other cute little animals and sentiments. I colored him in with colored pencils, then sprayed him with a "home-made" glitter spray. I recently attended an event at my LSS and learned this great new trick. All you need is water, a mister bottle, and some liquid pearl. You put a drop or two of liquid pearl into the mister bottle and add some water. Then...shake it. After coloring your image, you spray it with the mister bottle mixture, and it adds a really cool shimmer to the paper. I wasn't able to get a good shot of the shimmer due to the lighting in my dining room today, but trust me it looks really cool, and is very simple. Most of us already have the supplies in our craft rooms anyway...so just another way to use those liquid pearls. (Thanks to Buffalo Stamps and Stuff for sharing the technique with me.) I also added a homemade brad to this card too. I got and I-top for Christmas! Which is a very very cool tool to have on hand. You can use any paper or photo to make your own brads. So I was playing with it today, and wanted to add the homemade brad to this card. I used some paper that came with the set I purchased from Oh My Crafts...the paper was pre-punched and ready to go right on the brad. I know I have seen this tool at the LCS also...very fun! Here is a close up of the brad I made...my first time with my fun new gadget.

Well that is all for today. In case I don't get to post my other card in time, I wish you all a very Happy and Blessed 2010! May GOD bless each of you and your families in the coming year.

Jessica

2 comments:

Donna said...

Fantastic card Jessica and just perfect for our celebration theme, the little frog in the buggy is soooo cute and its fab the way you have used the brad and eyelets! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card. The image is adorable and the paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge and don't forget our new challenge starts on 4th Jan!. Hugs, Denise x